Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Paper purses





Last year I contributed to a Leisure Arts book that was produced by Kooler Design Studio. I loved sitting in my studio and playing with paper, ribbon and all that glitters. There is something very soothing about craft making.

I came up with a version of some little purses I made for a birthday party several years ago. The Originals had a funny photo of my daughter with a a big balloon hat on. I filled them with Sparkly Lip gloss we made our selves, Japanese candy, cute hair clips, and Daisy seeds.

A year later I made a larger version out of chip board and covered in family photo's. Inside were a couple handmade gifts; an apron, a canvas bag, cookies, scratch off lottery cards, a tiny photo album.

I am a closet crafter, so don't tell anyone.

Here are a few photo's of the little purses. I made butiful kits so you can make them too, without all the stress. All you have to do is clip and glue. They are great for Birthdays, babyshowers, gift toppers, cute gift containers, or just to sit in a sweet space on your desk.

If you are interested they come in kits of six (14.oo) or eight (17.oo) They come in all kinds of colors and themes, check out elevenmorning.com for photo's and descriptions.

The book is "Gift Favors-small gifts for all occasions" You can get it through Kooler they just got a new batch fresh from the printer. It is a beautiful book to keep or give away.

koolerdesign.com/shopproductdetail.asp?ProductID=718&StoreSect=Books

Enough of trying to sell you something...

What are you going to do today to feed your creative spirit?

Spring is happening...why not bundle up, grab your digital camera and snap a few pix of all the budding that is happening, all the bulbs that are pushing through, the daffodils that are full of rain water and bumpy tree branches.

This is going to be a year of beautiful design, all natural, colorful and breathtaking.

Start creating an inspirational image file to pull from.

You can email me some of your finds if you like and I will post them here and on the website.

Have an amazing day,

Gabriell

No comments: