Sunday, June 29, 2008

Oh I am back...

I just got back from the Reno trip. The drive was loooong, the sky was smokey and Reno just happened to be having unusually hot weather. Our space at this show was outdoors (a surprise) The sun was blazing and we were not prepared for the day. Chel was a trooper and stayed positive trying to make the best out of an intense situation, I wilted.

I was not as happy. The heat was way more than my body could handle and I like heat. My spirits crashed when my dolls began to crack, split and some looked liked spent firecrackers. The larger doll heads have a core that seems to expand when conditions are very, very hot.

I usually air dry my dolls, they sit in my studio window in full sun and have no problem. In Reno the dry desert heat, the intense sun beating down literally baked them. I packed up after spending an hour unpacking. I went back to the hotel, took a shower, a swim, ordered room service and Noah and I watched Horton Hears a who.

Chel did her very best to make it through the rest of the day but packed up at the end of it feeling really sun-sick.

There are a million details I am leaving out that seemed strange and tragic while they were happening but seem comical and memorable now.

I think I will need to have and exploded doll sale...

Home sweet home, time to start making some new dolls.

No comments: