Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Tuesday!


The amazing Sarah and Gabriell bringing in the New year a few years ago...

It is Tuesday...I made a huge spaghetti dinner and I am blissed out on the carbs. Chel called today and it looks like we are on for the Tumbleweed Cotillion in Reno this weekend. It will be a long, long drive but it should be fun. Lavender Ridge sounds beautiful and who wouldn't want to be surrounded by lavender fields?

I am in the process of building a display for the show. Chel and I will be sharing and we have very different styles, not sure how it is all going to turn out but my fingers are crossed it will be pretty and appealing.

My big project when I come back will be working on Danielle's wedding cake topper. I am not a fan of custom orders, avoid them mostly all the time but this one I felt pulled to. I love her wedding colors and the idea of my figurines on a big white cake. I am sure she will love it, if not I will bake myself a big white cake.

Sawsan and Aura came by Eleven Morning to make earrings and make a big dinner. We had a great time. We didn't get much work done but we did the most important things like eat desert first then sit by candle light and eat a slow dinner. There is a new organic yogurt shop called Blush that just came to town, we tried all the flavors, had an ice-cream buffet.

I am curious to find out who signed up for the August workshops at Convenzione in Pleasanton this August. I love meeting new people and this workshop will be a lot of fun. I know Chel is working hard to make this an awesome experience.

The feedback, pre-orders and the generous donations (Thank you Colleen Moody from a Seasonal Mood for the big bucks) for Pink sky have been wonderful. The book is due to be shipped out on the twenty-fifth. I am not sure how long it takes 400 pounds of books to get here from Texas but as soon as they arrive I will be sending out the purchased copies and getting the donation packages ready. Thank you, Thank you!

The sisters I made were a hit and I have several requests. Please be patient they are being created as we speak. There will be a collection of nine. I will put them up on Etsy before the paint has a chance to dry!

Shout out to Sarah McMoyler of The McMoyler method. Congrats on the new book and DVD.

Sarah is one of my favorite people. She has been my friend, my family, my therapist, my angel. She is also a childbirth Guru. If you are planning to have a baby, know someone who is having a baby or are about to give birth you must buy her CD and or her new book, The Best Birth. It is good information for smart people. Her childbirth classes in San Fransisco sell out months in advance, it is the ultimate childbirth class and a wonderful experience.

No comments: